What does it take to get into Lakeland University Japan? We pride ourselves on looking beyond the basic facts of standardized test scores and high school GPA. While these figures have a place in the admission process, it's a whole lot more than that. We seek the student who wants to learn and be a member of a community that specializes in individual attention, both academic and interpersonal.
Overview of Application Process
Applying to Lakeland is a simple process, but there are certain steps that should be followed to ensure a successful start.
Step 1: Apply to the Academic Program by completing the checklist below. Remember, we're here to help you along the way!
Step 2: Upon completing your admissions file, Lakeland's admissions team will review the documents and contact you if anything else is needed. Every applicant is required to schedule and complete an admissions interview. This step can be completed either in person at the Lakeland Japan campus, or by phone. Your admissions officer will assist you in scheduling the interview. Upon a sucessful review, your official acceptance will be announced.
Step 3: After you are accepted, your admissions officer will work with you to complete the remaining steps here.
Step 4: For those in need of a student visa to study at Lakeland Japan, check out the Visa Sponsorship tab below. You and your admissions counselor will be in contact from the start of your application process regarding visa deadlines and other information.
Step 5: Scholarship and financial aid information is also provided in the tab below, but we recommend you let your admissions counselor know early in the application process if you are interested in applying.
The following documents will be needed to successfully complete your admissions file. With exception to the online application, all documents listed need to be sent to the LUJ Office of Admissions address below.
- Complete your application form. You may complete the online version here, or a PDF version here.
- Official High School transcripts (in English). LUJ does accept official transcripts via www.parchment.com.
- A copy of your High School diploma (if applicable).
- SAT or ACT scores (for native English speakers only).
- TOEFL iBT / IELTS test scores (for non-native English speakers only. School Code 8962).
- A statement of purpose (300-400 words stating your interest in attending LUJ).
- Recommendation Letter (should be typed or handwritten by a former or current teacher, guidance counselor, professor or employer).
- Two identitical license-sized photos (4cm x 3cm or 1.5in x 1in).
For applicants coming from overseas and in need of visa sponsorship, we're here to help. The visa application process begins as soon as you are officially accepted, but you can review the checklist to get a head start.
- Complete the Online Visa Application. This can be submitted by email or fax (click here for a PDF version).
- Passport Photocopy (color). This can be submitted by email or fax.
- Complete the Confidential Financial Certificate form (click here for a PDF version). This may also be submitted by email or fax.
- Pay the Student Visa Application Fee (20,000 JPY). Instructions on how to complete this payment will be sent to you via email.
- All international students accepted to LUJ will automatically receive a 100,000 JPY scholarship (applied to the first semester invoice).
- Click here to learn about LUJ's Mentor Scholarship - another way to help lower costs.
- Accepted students with U.S. citizenship are able to apply for Financial Aid through our home campus (WI). Contact our admissions office so we can help you start the process.
- Outside Scholarships. Consider using a scholarship search engine, such as fastweb.com, to assist you in your pursuit of outside scholarships. Begin applying for these as soon as possible in your senior year.
- Upcoming Outside Scholarship: Annual CGTrader Scholarship 2017
- Deadline: June 1, 2017
- Click here for link to scholarship criteria and application process.
If you have any questions or would like additional information about a certain step, you can schedule a visit, call us at +81-3-3225-0425, or simply fill out the form below. One of our admissions counselors will be in touch.